Track Season Update!
Yesterday, the Camden Military Academy track/field team traveled to Orangeburg Prep to compete in its final meet before the start of Region and State Championship meets. The team did not disappoint and added two more spots on the bus for the State SCISA meet in Charleston, May 6th. Cadet Christian Snell was able to reach the qualifying time for state for the 3200-meter at 11:45.83. Also, Cadet Edward Love met the standard qualifying time for state with a 24.92 in the 200-meter. The team placed third in the final rankings and they won all three relay races that they participated in; the 4x100 meter at 47.19, 4x400 meter at 4:05, and the 4x800 meter at 10:11.80. Overall, the regular season from CMA has been one of the best in recent memory and the cadets have gone above and beyond my expectations as their head coach. With the assistance of Coach Chris Phillips and the hard work of the team, we expect to make a big impact in the last two weeks of the season.
SCISA State Meet Qualifiers (updated):
- Edward Love (200 Meter)
- Lamont McCullough (400 Meter)
- Patrick Looney (1600 Meter)
- Christian Snell (3200 Meter)
- Quez Hadley, Edward Love, Lamont McCullough, Tanner Larkin (4x100 Meter)
- Cohen Decort, Patrick Looney, Isaac Maher, Dewitt Cure (4x400 Meter)
- Kyle Marinko, Alistar Omdahl, Reilly Cunningham, Christian Snell (4x800 Meter)
School Record Holders (updated):
- Patrick Looney (1600 Meter), 5:06.15
- Kyle Marinko, Alistar Omdahl, Reilly Cunningham, Christian Snell (4x800 Meter), 9:47.78