Final Scout Update
By: Marshall Sheorn on May 10, 2019 | Categories: Clubs
To All Concerned Parties:
This month’s past and future events for the BSA TROOP 38 AT CMA:
- We went camping at Blythe Island Area Park, near St. Simon’s Island, GA 12-14 April 2019. The weather held, the beach at St. Simon’s Island was fantastic, and Cadet Lunds family and Cadet Rotker’s Mom treated us to great barbeque.
2. On 3-5 May 2019, we were back at the beach camping at Myrtle Beach State Park, SC. This offered pier saltwater fishing, some wading in the surf, good eats with steak dinner provided by Cadet Masten’s family, working on requirements toward advancement, and an evening at the movies to see the latest Avenger movie.
3. You might have seen a lot of construction happening in the lab, my classroom, outside the academic building, etc. Over the last year, several Cadets became EAGLE SCOUTS:
- Noah Johnson - Built benches for the Barber Shop back in September 2018
B. Joe Barriere - Built bat boxes for the City of Camden Parks department.
C. H. Wyatt Hart - Built picnic tables for the Historic Camden Revolutionary War Site
4. In addition, Sebastian Lund finished-up his project, building picnic tables for Tracy’s Camp, and will be facing his Eagle Board this Friday Night
5. Patrick Stanley also just finished his physical project, that is construction of more picnic tables for the Historic Site. The tables will be delivered tomorrow to the park, He too will be getting a Eagle board sometime next week.
6. Cadet Masten will at least start his project before school is out, and come back to finish his project with me this summer. The Nurse’s son, Connor Miles will also be working on his Eagle project this summer.
7. There will be and Eagle Court for the Cadets mention that will have made Eagle by Saturday the 18th of May.
Thanks for your cooperation!