Blast from the Past
By: Casey Robinson on Mar 22, 2017 | Categories: General, Academic
The NEW Dallas Barracks was opened on Sunday, March 19th 2017 and the OLD Dallas Barracks lasted from September 1962 – March 2017 [55 years]. The OLD Dallas Building started in April 1962 after the old white two story barracks burned in Feb. 1962. Carolina Barrack was built in January – March 1941 @ the Southern Aviation School and burned in February 1962. Carolina Barracks was located where the CMA Library is now located. The CMA Library was in the Academic Hall until February 14, 1975 when it moved to the old Flight Operations Building next to the hangars and in June 1986. The old Library was moved to the center of the campus after the old canteen was torn down.