2020 Summer School Important Update
By: Casey Robinson on Apr 20, 2020 | Categories:
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the decision has been made to cancel the first session of our summer program which was scheduled to begin on June 22, 2020. At this time, we are planning to have the second session of the program begin as scheduled on July 12, 2020 with a few minor adjustments to the daily schedule and weekend activities. Please note that since we are planning to offer one session of summer school, a high school student can only earn one academic credit.
Of course, the decision to hold the second session is subject to change based on the COVID-19 situation closer to the start date. A final decision to proceed or cancel the second session will be made no later than June 25, 2020 and immediately communicated to you.
Changes to the CMA Summer Program for 2020
- First Session of Summer School/Camp has been cancelled.
- Second Session is scheduled to run July 12-July 31 which includes summer school and the camp.
- All attendees will be 7-day boarders; NO 5 DAY BOARDING OPTION
- NO WEEKEND TRIPS, classes will be held on Saturdays along with fun activities
- Tuition for 7-day boarding, 1 subject/session = $3695
- Only 60 applicants for each program (summer school and summer camp) will be accepted to allow each student to have a room without a roommate.
- Each summer school/camp attendee must report to the gym for a health screening by the academy nurses before reporting to the admin building for registration.
- If we have to cancel the second session, we will notify everyone no later than June 25.
If your student was scheduled to attend the first or both summer sessions and you would like for the application to be for the second session only option, please reply to this email or call Brandee Young at 803-424-5616.
Thank you for your consideration and cooperation as we are forced to make very hard decisions during these unprecedented times!